Monday, March 07, 2005

In the Beginning

Hello family, friends, & total strangers-
I have to say that this blog was inspired by my friends at the Common Room, so please go check it out. Although my Garden of Thought probably won't be as highly intelligent or witty as the Common Room I hope that you will enjoy it. A blog seemed like an excellent way to update people on what is going on in my life and to share my not-so-important opinions on various subjects.

I think I will have to start In the Beginning. (which would be today) I have spent a good part of my morning working on a research paper due next week in one of my classes at school. I chose to do the paper on the theory of Lake Missoula. This has been an interesting search for information, and has brought to light the age old question of whether the Genesis Flood actually happened. It is fascinating how the physical evidence can point in one direction and atheist scientists refuse to admit defeat. Recently I read another account of this happening in World magazine. The article was referring to a report which was published in the Smithsonian Institute magazine that found more evidence to support the theory of Intelligent Design. Before the editor could publish the report in the Smithsonian magazine, it had to be approved by 3 anonymous peers. The scientific report was approved and the editor published it. Now many members of that Smithsonian circle are in an uproar over an article of this kind to be publish in their magazine. Imagine that! They are claiming that it is religously based and not scientifically based and are disfellowshipping the editor of the magazine (who happens to be a scientist himself). The editor has been fired and his labratory priviledges have been cut off, so now he can't do any research himself. Remember that the editor is not the man who wrote the report on Intelligent Design, nor is he one of the peers that approved the article for publishing! It is simply amazing that even when scientific evidence has been brought forth, many scientists jump into the political ring and cry "religion!". the fact is, that even with all the amount of scientific evidence, there is always going to be someone who is determined not to believe, because then they would have to admit that there is Someone else out there bigger than themself and then it would truly be religion.

1 Comments:

Blogger Headmistress, zookeeper said...

*There* you are! I lost the link your mom sent us, and just found you again. Off to add you to our sidebar links!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home