Thursday, September 28, 2006

Jennings Park


Fall has begun and with that, school. One of the classes I am taking this quarter is called Plant Diseases. One of the weekly assignments I have is to bring in samples of diseased plants I find. I have to bring 3 samples to class each week and so far I only had 1 for this week. I decided to go to our local park and see if I could find some good specimens. Mom has been running around like a crazy-woman for the last few weeks trying to get all the boys to their activities, and Bouncy Boy didn't have anywhere to be yesterday so I asked if he wanted to go with me to the park. This gave Mom one less person to worry about, and gave Bouncy Boy something to do.



We dropped the Sportster off at football practice and then headed over to the park. At Jennings Park they have a garden that is cared for by local Master Gardeners. It was very nice, they had a lot of different things there. Mostly herbaceous plants, but they did have a few shrubs and trees too. I was able to find one specimen there and then we walked around the rest of it.


We also went down to the pond, watching the ducks, and looking for snails. The weather was perfect for a day at the park, sunny but not unbearably hot. It was a lot of fun! I don't often get the chance to take just one of my brothers on an outing, and spend time with them individually.

1 Comments:

Blogger Headmistress, zookeeper said...

Gorgeous. Still in need of a landscaper out here.=)

Come check out today's blog and see some pictures of some of our land.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home