Tuesday, June 28, 2005

To Be a Maid of Honor


"Maid of Honor" what does this phrase mean to you?
most people would probably relate it to the head bridesmaid in a wedding ceremony. which is actually the reason I've been thinking about this lately. One of my close friends, who I have known almost all my life, just asked his girlfriend to marry him. They've been going out for a year and so I have gotten to know her pretty well. Because of this, she asked me to be her Maid of Honor in their wedding next May. After I humbly accepted this wonderful responsibility, I first began to think of all the material responsibilities the Maid of Honor has. Of helping find bridesmaid dresses, planning a bridal shower, and such things like those. however, in the last couple days I've been thinking about what it means to be a Maid of Honor, period. To be a Maid of Honor is to live in all love, humility, truth, and purity. Hopefully all of us women, young and old alike, are striving to be Maids of Honor.

2 Comments:

Blogger tootlepip said...

This was very insightful!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Headmistress, zookeeper said...

It was beautiful, and I've linked to it. Been meaning to link to it for a few days, but keep getting distracted.
We're very proud to call you friend, and you _are_ a maid of honor!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home