Friday, July 22, 2005

Hot Weather, Visitors, and Origami

She decided to show up. Summer has finally arrived at the end of July. All week has been in the 80's and sunny! I never thought I would get sick of the rain.... but I did. A person can only go so long without the sun before disintegrating. I think pretty much everyone is happy to see the sun, and it looks like it will be here for at least another week.

Also this week, we have had some visitors from West Virginia & Texas. Mawmaw & Pawpaw (from WV) are visiting for a couple weeks in between We Care campaigns and brought a friend along. Mawmaw & Pawpaw are the grandparents of some good friends of mine, The Redding Brothers, and we have known them for a long time. They are truly encouraging to me & my family. I love to listen to the stories they tell of recent campaigns and of all the souls being reached because of Larry West and the We Care ministries.

Today I came home early because my knee was hurting... and I couldn't move around a whole lot. So I had my brother hunt down the origami book we had, and sat on the couch folding paper. I also printed out some diagrams off the internet, for some more complicated pieces. Not only were they complicated pieces, but they weren't in English! I tried for a long while to complete them, but I gave up. So I searched the Library catalog for Origami books. They have quite a few! One book I requested was called the Origami Bible. all the books I requested have step by step instructions which is what I need. I hope they come in soon! then maybe I can create some amazing shapes & designs to share with you all! ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger TheHeadGirl said...

The 80's?! That is what counts as summer?!

oh, I miss the Pacific Northwest.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home